Decorative profile featuring a 1/2" (12.5 mm) or 9/16" (15 mm) -wide channel used as a vertical support for glass walls in recessed showers that border on untiled walls, creating a 90° angle between the glass partition and the untiled wall. The 1/2" (12.5 mm) wide channel accommodates glass walls up to a thickness of 3/8" (10 mm), and the 9/16" (15 mm) wide channel accommodates glass walls up to a thickness of 1/2" (12.5 mm). DECO-SGC features a trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg that is secured in the bond coat beneath the tile.
The Schluter®-DECO-SGC profile requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profiles periodically using neutral cleaning agents. In the case of anodized aluminum, do not use abrasive cleaning agents.
1. Select the profile according to tile thickness and format.
2. Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to the area where profile is to be placed.
3. Press the perforated anchoring leg of the profile into the mortar and align.
4. Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
5. Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1/32" (1 mm) lower
6. Set the tile, leaving a space for grout of approximately 1/16" – 1/8" (1.5 – 3 mm).
7. Fill the joints completely with grout or setting material.
8. Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials must be removed immediately, especially from aluminum
How do I cut profiles?
Schluter™ profiles are available in a variety of different materials , so methods for cutting vary. Below are best practices for cutting according...Read more
For Walls / Edging & Outside Wall CornersSchluter®-QUADEC
For Walls / Edging & Outside Wall CornersSchluter®-JOLLY