Schluter®-JOLLY is a finishing and edge protection profile for the outside corners of tiled surfaces. It features a trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg that is secured in the mortar bond coat beneath the tile, and a 90° vertical wall section that provides a decorative finish and protects adjacent tiles. The profile is available in chrome-plated solid brass, color-coated aluminum, textured color-coated aluminum, anodized aluminum, PVC, and stainless steel. Please see the Schluter®- Systems Illustrated Price List for more details.
The range of available sizes and finishes permits the matching of JOLLY to a wide variety of tile and grout colors and allows many design opportunities through the use of contrasting colors. Other applications include transitions for dado coverings such as natural stone, or cold-cured resin coatings. The integrated joint spacer establishes a defined joint cavity between the tile and the profile.
Note: JOLLY in stainless steel does not feature the integrated joint spacer in the vertical wall direction. Matching outside/inside corners are available. Connector pins are available for abutting profiles.
The Schluter®-JOLLY profile requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profiles periodically using pH neutral cleaning agents.
Oxidation films on exposed aluminum can be removed by using a conventional polishing agent, but will form again.
In the case of chrome-plated brass, anodized aluminum and color-coated aluminum, do not use abrasive cleaning agents.
1. Select the profile according to tile thickness and format.
2. Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to the area where the profile is to be placed. If the JOLLY profile is to be used as an edging for an outside wall corner, finish tiling one wall first then trowel thin-set mortar over the corner area of the second wall.
3. Press the perforated anchoring leg of the profile into the mortar and align.
4. Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
5. Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1/32" (1 mm) lower.
6. Set the tile to the integrated joint spacer, which ensures a uniform joint of 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm).
7. Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.
8. Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials must be removed immediately, especially from aluminum.
Note: For installation of JOLLY corners: Install using JOLLY corner connector pin. The corner connector pin has one end with a snap feature to lock into the corner piece, with the opposite end featuring a spring function that engages with the channel of the JOLLY profile. The corner connector pin is first snapped into the corner piece, then slid into the profile channel for installation. Refer to assembly instructions on the corner packaging.
How do I cut profiles?
Schluter™ profiles are available in a variety of different materials , so methods for cutting vary. Below are best practices for cutting according...Read more
What is the difference between Schluter®-JOLLY and Schluter®-SCHIENE profiles?
SCHIENE is designed to provide edging for tile coverings on floors. Typical applications include edge protection where...Read more
What is the difference between Schluter®-JOLLY and Schluter®-JOLLY-P profiles?
JOLLY profiles new design introduces 90° vertical wall section that allows for better alignment and appearance when abutting with other profiles...Read more
How to Tile a Niche with Schluter® Profiles
Introduction to Schluter® Profiles
How to choose the appropriate profile size in relation to your tile
Best practices for cutting Schluter®-Systems Profiles
Maintenance for Schluter® Shower Drains & Schluter® Profiles
Find some existing tutorials and project documentation videos to learn how-to get the best out of our products - for more fun in your life, start now!Watch more videos / playlists
For Walls / Edging & Outside Wall CornersSchluter®-RONDEC
For Walls / Edging & Outside Wall CornersSchluter®-QUADEC
For Walls / Edging & Outside Wall CornersSchluter®-FINEC
For Walls / Edging & Outside Wall CornersSchluter®-DECO-DE
For Stairs / Cover the Sub-AssemblySchluter®-SCHIENE-STEP
For Walls / Edging & Outside Wall CornersSchluter®-INDEC
For Walls / DecorativeSchluter®-DESIGNLINE
For Walls / Edging & Outside Wall CornersSchluter®-JOLLY-P